Alzheimers Home > Vitamin E Side Effects
Most people do not experience problems when taking vitamin E. However, at high doses, side effects have been known to occur. Some people may also experience irritation or allergic reactions when vitamin E is applied to the skin. Potential side effects of vitamin E due to high doses include unusual bleeding or bruising, nausea, headaches, and blurred vision.
- Intestinal cramping
- Fatigue and weakness
- Blurred vision
- Any unusual bruising or bleeding (vitamin E can increase the risk of bleeding)
- Signs of gastrointestinal bleeding, such as:
- Black, tarry stools
- Bright-red blood in the stool
- Vomiting of blood
- Signs of a hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain), such as:
- Vision or speech changes
- Weakness or numbness in an arm or leg
- Severe headache.