Alzheimers Home > Benefits of Vitamin E
There appear to be numerous vitamin E benefits. The vitamin is claimed to be helpful for heart health, diabetes, skin health, and various types of cancer. However, most of the supposed health benefits have little or no supporting scientific evidence. Vitamin E does have antioxidant effects, however, which can help prevent the formation of free radicals.
- Heart health, including:
- Prevention of various types of cancer, such as:
- Alzheimer's disease (both prevention and treatment)
- Parkinson's disease (both prevention and treatment)
- Restless legs syndrome (RLS)
- Epilepsy (when used along with epilepsy medications)
- Cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (both prevention and treatment)
- Preeclampsia prevention in pregnant women
- Infertility (usually male infertility)
- Aging (slowing down or reversing the normal aging process)
- Skin health, including:
- Scar treatment or prevention
- Stretch mark treatment or prevention
- Wrinkle reduction.