Alzheimers Home > Instructions for Taking Razadyne
Considerations for people taking Razadyne include the following:
- Short-acting Razadyne comes in tablet and oral solution (liquid) form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily. Long-acting Razadyne ER comes in capsule form and is taken once daily (preferably in the morning).
- Both short-acting Razadyne and Razadyne ER should be taken with food.
- Razadyne ER capsules must be swallowed whole; do not open, break, or chew the capsules.
- Be sure to take Razadyne at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Razadyne will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Razadyne or your Razadyne dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.