Alzheimers Home > Treatment Tips and Guidelines for Namenda
Considerations for people taking Namenda include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet and oral solution (liquid) form. It is taken by mouth, usually twice a day, although it is taken just once a day when you first start taking it.
- Namenda can be taken with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- For liquid Namenda, be sure you know how to correctly measure the proper dosage. The liquid form should be taken directly, not mixed into any foods or beverages.
- Be sure to take Namenda at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Namenda will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Namenda or your Namenda dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.