Alzheimers Home > Additional Information on Namenda XR
Side Effects of Namenda XRJust like any medicine, Namenda XR can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Drug InteractionsNamenda XR can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Namenda XR Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Epilepsy or seizures
- A severe urinary tract infection
- Renal tubular acidosis, a kidney disorder
- Any other type of kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Namenda XR and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Namenda XR and Breastfeeding).