Alzheimers Home > What You Need to Know About Exelon
- The medication comes in capsule and oral solution (liquid) form. It is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- Exelon should be taken with meals.
- The oral solution can be taken directly or may be mixed with a small glass of water, cold fruit juice, or soda. After a dose is mixed with such beverages, it is stable at room temperature for four hours.
- Be sure to take Exelon at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Exelon will not work if you stop taking it.
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medications you may take
- Other medical conditions you may have.