More Answers on Exelon
People who take too much Exelon may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Increased salivation and sweating
- Slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Muscle weakness, including life-threatening weakness of the muscles used for breathing
- Loss of life.
If you happen to take too much, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Exelon Overdose for more information.)
Exelon should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
If you forget to take a dose of Exelon, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Exelon is available in the following strengths and forms:
- Exelon 1.5 mg capsules
- Exelon 3 mg capsules
- Exelon 4.5 mg capsules
- Exelon 6 mg capsules
- Exelon oral solution (liquid), which contains 2 mg of medication per mL.
Exelon is also available in patch form (see Exelon Patch for more information).
At this time, Exelon capsules (but not the other forms) are available in generic form (see Generic Exelon).