Interested in a Discount on Exelon?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Exelon has been evaluated for Alzheimer's or Parkinson's dementia in several different studies. These studies showed that people taking the drug often experience an improvement in cognitive function ("thinking" functions, such as memory, language, and social interaction), compared to people taking a placebo (a "sugar pill" with no active ingredients).
General considerations for when and how to take Exelon include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule and oral solution (liquid) form. It is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- Exelon should be taken with meals.
- The oral solution can be taken directly or may be mixed with a small glass of water, cold fruit juice, or soda. After a dose is mixed with such beverages, it is stable at room temperature for four hours.
- Be sure to take Exelon at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Exelon will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Exelon your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medications you may take
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Exelon Dosage for more information.)