Treatment Info for Aricept
Some general considerations for when and how to take Aricept include:
- Aricept comes in the form of an oral tablet or an orally disintegrating tablet. Make sure you follow the directions for the specific form of Aricept that you were prescribed.
- Aricept should be taken once a day at bedtime, with or without food.
- If you are taking the regular tablet form of Aricept, it is recommended that you take it with a drink of water or other fluid. Do not chew, crush, split or dissolve the tablets.
- If you are taking the orally disintegrating tablet form of Aricept, you should place the tablet on your tongue, allow it to dissolve, and then swallow. It is recommended that you drink a glass of water after the tablet has dissolved.
- Aricept should be taken at the same time every day to help maintain an even level of medicine in the blood. Do not take it more often than directed.
- For Aricept to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Aricept will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Aricept that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Aricept
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Aricept Dosage for more information about the proper dosing for Aricept.)